Reported from CSPPLAZA: The Supcon Delingha 50MW Molten Salt Tower CSP project, located at the west exit of Delingha, Qinghai Province, is one of the first batch of China’s 20 CSP Demonstration projects. The project was developed by Supcon Solar, which uses its own Tower CSP technology and is expected to invest 1.08 billion yuan.
On October 25, 2016, the Supcon Delingha 50MW molten salt tower CSP project was officially launched. This is the first CSP project officially announced to start construction after the launch of FiT for China’s first batch of CSP demonstration projects.
- March 25th, 2018, return to work on the project construction after the freezing cold winter.
- Nov, 2017, civil engineering construction completed; thermal energy tank completed;
- September, 2017, the detailed design finished; main equipment procurement finished
- April, 2017, field leveling work started; tank & central receiver construction started;
- October 25th, 2016, officially announced the start of construction work;
- March, 2018, steel structure construction to be completed; major equipment to be installed in place in addition to steam generator;
- June, 2018, tower completed;
- August, 2018, solar field completed;
- October, 2018, all project installation to be finished and start commissioning;
- December, 2018, to be connected to the grid;
- February, 2019, trial operation to be stable.