Reported from CSPPLAZA: Yumen Xinchen 50MW molten salt Beam Down tower CSP project was officially selected as one of the first batch of CSP pilot projects in China in September 2016. With a total investment of 1.79 billion yuan, the project is expected to be completed within 2 years. The project is located in the CSP Park of Zhengjia Shawo, 5 km far from the new city of Yumen City, Gansu Province. The 50MW project uses Beam Down CSP technology with 15 mirrored field modules and a 9-hour molten salt heat storage system & steam turbine set. The annual power generation is 4,328 hours. The project broke ground in April 2017 and is expected to be completed in December 2018.
Approved by CSP industry, the DNI should be above 1,700 kW.h / m2, and the Yumen DNI is about 1,901 kW.h / m2, indicating that Yumen has abundant solar resources and is a great place for CSP plants.
● Dec. 4, 2017, heat exchanger bidders announced & steam generator bidding restarted.
● On Nov. 28, 2017, Molten salt bidding of China Yumen Xincheng solar CSP project opened.
● In 2017, the first solar collecting system module commissioning to be finished.
● By 2017, 5 solar collecting system modules construction and equipment installation to be completed.
● By Jun, 2018, 5 solar collecting system modules to be installed and adjusted
● By Aug.30, 2018, 15 heliostats of solar collecting system module to be installed
● By Sept.15, 2018, storage system installation and commissioning to be finished
● By Nov.1, 2018, a complete set of generator to be started
● By Nov.15, 2018, connected to the grid for the first time
● By Dec.31, 2018, put into operation
Main participants and bidding information: